Skip to main content

Control Burns

Agriculture Burns

All agriculture burns must be cleared from the Yolo- Solano Air Quality Management District. Contact the Yolo-Solano Air Quality Management District at (530) 757-3650 for information regarding permits and burns procedure. Capay Valley Fire Protection District does not issue burn permits.

Rural Yard Burns

Capay Valley Fire Protection District does allow rural yard burns on authorized burn days. To report a rural yard burn, you must call Yolo county Dispatch, at (530) 666-8920. At this number you can check for burn day statues after 9:00 a.m. Authorized burn days are determined daily and you must check each time you wish to burn. Be prepared to provide the address of the location at which you are conducting the burn and a phone number of the person responsible for the burn.

Do not call the Capay Valley Fire Protection District to report rural yard burns or to check the daily burn status.

Additional Information

For more information regarding the processes for obtaining a permit and rules for your type of burn, please visit the Yolo-Solano Air Quality Management District website at